The spooky season of Halloween is upon us and while trick-or-treating is for kids, there are fun Halloween activities that can be enjoyed for the young-at-heart here at Starhaven Villas. Here are 10 activities you might consider celebrating in a “spooktacular” way.
- Prepare for Trick-or-Treaters Even though you won’t be trick-or-treating yourself, you can prepare for the cute little ghouls that are bound to ring your doorbell seeking a treat. You can decorate your porch and yard, have popular treats, and even dress up yourself. Getting into the celebration will make your home a favorite of the kiddos.
- Halloween Snacks Don’t fill up on store-bought treats. There is a plethora of delicious Halloween themed snacks you can make. Try toasted pumpkin seeds, gourmet caramel apples, or some hot cider.
- Make a Mask You don’t need to dress in full costume attire. You can purchase a plain masquerade mask and some supplies, like glitter, feathers, etc, at the craft store and design a fantastical or scary mask to don on All Hallow’s Eve.
- Scary Movie Night Invite your friends over for a scary movie night. A good Alfred Hitchcock film is always a favorite to set the mood for a spooky evening.
- Spooky Photos If you’re inviting friends over, why not set up an impromptu “photo booth” with some eerie props. Photos bring great memories of years past.
- Attend a Halloween Party If you aren’t up to hosting a get-together yourself, find a fun party hosted by someone else or even the senior citizen’s center in your area. It’s more fun to celebrate with others.
- Halloween Trivia Trivia games are a fun options to play with friends, adult kids, or teenage grandkids. You could choose trivia from scary movies, or on the history of Halloween.
- Pumpkin Games If you want to use the symbol of the season, a pumpkin, you can design some games with it. Guess the weigh of the pumpkin could be one or have a pumpkin carving contest. Don’t forget to award prizes!
- Make Cards If you’d like to spend a quiet evening in, you could make some fun Halloween themed cards using items from your local craft store.
- 10.Enjoy the Fresh Air and Nature Volunteer to take your grandkids trick-or-treating. They would love the attention from their favorite people. If you live far from your grandkids, go out and walk the neighborhood and enjoy seeing the creative costumes.
Whatever you choose to do for Halloween, remember, age is only a number. Live life to its fullest and be young-at-heart!