One of the many benefits of a 55+ retirement community is the emphasis on fitness and activities. Active adults can find many fun and easy activities. Many 55 and over communities have clubhouses with exercise rooms and outdoor amenities focused on staying active. At Starhaven Villas there are a variety of these very amenities such as:
- Pickleball courts
- Bocce ball court
- Putting green
- Year-round golf and other games using the simulator
- Walking trails
- Community gardens
Staying active also means being social, even if you aren’t into strenuous physical activity. The intent in planned activities is to keep all the residents active, both physically and mentally. That is the advantage of being part of a 55+ community. Some of the activities will include:
- Tournaments such as pickleball, bocce ball, golf, etc.
- Games nights
- Classes such as art, cooking, gardening, etc.
- Charity work and service projects
- Book Clubs
- Movie Nights
- Much, much more
If those reasons aren’t enough, there are specific health benefits to being part of an active 55+ community.
- Reducing the risk for cardiovascular problems, rheumatoid arthritis, some cancers, and osteoporosis.
- Increasing longevity
- Reducing the risk of stroke
- Boosting one’s immune system
- Encouraging good eating and exercise habits
- Lessening the risk for Alzheimer’s Disease
- Lowering blood pressure
- Lessening the possibility of mental health issues such as loneliness and depression
- Improving quality of life