After more than a year of cancelled trips, events, and visits, most of us are more than ready to get out and do something, pretty much anything! And while some of the local festivals and events are postponed one more year, there are still enough to experience enjoyable summer and fall seasons. Here are a few to consider:
- Craft Lake City DIY Festival This festival features all things handmade or handcrafted. The festival takes place at the Gallivan Center in downtown Salt Lake City and includes over 800 artisans and engineers displaying and selling their crafts and inventions. You can also enjoy food, workshops, live music, and performances on the 2 stages. Mark the second weekend of August on your calendars. You won’t want to miss this!
- Heber Valley Music & Cowboy Poetry Gathering For nearly a quarter century cowboys and cowboy lovers have been gathering in the small mountain town of Midway, Utah to be entertained by a myriad of talented cowboys. From singers to storytellers and poets to players, you’ll find a plethora of positively pleasant performances. You can find more information about this roundup here.
- Midway Swiss Days Festival In the same quaint mountain community in the Heber Valley on Labor Day weekend you’ll find Swiss Days. Many local Utahns have made this festival an annual tradition. The name of this festival seeks to honor the founders of this town who were Mormon pioneers who immigrated from Switzerland. These original settlers were amazed at how the scenery of the Wasatch back was so similar to their homeland. Among the creative crafts you can purchase, you’ll also find yodelers, alp horn blowers, dancers, and a lively parade.
- The Utah Arts Festival Just as the title states, this festival is an all-encompassing arts festival. There is something for everyone whether you are a cuisine connoisseur, a follower of the performing arts, or a fine arts aficionado. This is one of the largest festivals in the state of Utah. Early summer at Library and Washington Square is the setting for the fabulous fest. The Utah Arts Festival is a “must attend” event!
- Sundance Film Festival This world-famous festival attracts the “Who’s Who” of Hollywood. With the stunning backdrop of Park City, Utah, you can experience a day watching films from independent filmmakers, celebrity sightings, skiing, or countless other activities. While you’ll have to wait until January for this spectacular soiree , it will be well worth the wait.
This is just a sampling of the fun-filled festivals and events that you can discover within an hour of your home in Starhaven Villas. Imagine what you might find with your own research!