Since we are starting to have our first residents of Starhaven Villas completing the construction of their homes and moving in, some may want to host a housewarming party and invite friends, family, and neighbors. Here is a guide to throwing a successful housewarming party:
- Decide on a theme or colors for your party. Some people may enjoy a theme such as a summer garden party or casino night.
- Send out attractive invitations 3-4 weeks in advance of the party. Be sure to include your new address, contact information, and directions to your new home.
- Decorate your home with themed accents to make your guests feel at home.
- Set up your kitchen island for your guests to serve themselves finger foods, bite-sized snacks, and refreshing beverages.
- If you’ll be inviting family and close friends, consider having a potluck meal
- Provide plenty of seating while maintaining enough room to move around and mingle.
- Have 1 or 2 fun housewarming games or activities with small prizes.
- Surprise your guests with small party favors or a gift.
Need additional ideas? Try here.